Monday, November 28, 2011

Thanksgiving :)

For Thanksgiving, Caleb and I made our way to my dad's house.  It was only an hour away, so unlike some people this Thanksgiving break, I didn't have to do a lot of traveling that day.  Which proved helpful when we made our way home because Caleb literally had to help me out of the car when we got home because I was so full I could not move hardly.  Along with it being incredibly uncomforatable to wear a seatbelt.


Our Thanksgiving day attire :)  In this attire, if you see the shirt that Caleb is wearing and see my make-up; we traded some Christmas presents early.  I got him a Party Rock shirt and he got me a large make-up kit.  YAY!  I was wanting some more make-up so I can work on my skills.  He's the bestest husband in the world!


Here is a better look at the shirt.  It fits him perfectly.  Now he has a proper shirt to practice is shuffling skills in.  (Which really aren't that bad, he is getting pretty good!) 

We got to my dad's around 1:30 in the afternoon and watched the first Firefly episode.  Have any of you seen the series?  It's pretty interesting.  Very difficult to catch on too, I was extremely confused the first half of the first episode.  But once I learned the characters, and their personalities it was easier.

The food my dad's girlfriend prepared was delicious.  They got turkey from the best place to get seasonal meat EVER.  Well, I just found out the turkey was good but I knew their ham was freaking AMAZING.  Honey baked ham, to be specific. But the turkey has the same glaze, or at least very similiar.  Delicious.  Freaking delicious.  I could eat it all the time.  Other than turkey there was, of course, other deliciousness.  Such as mashed potatoes (nom!), green beans from my grandmother (nom!), mac and cheese (nom!), stuffing (nom!), corn (nom!), gravy (nom!), rolls (nom!), and then after a break from eating and another episode of firefly we ate a pumpkin dessert.  It wasn't pie, but a better version.  I forgot what it was called.  I don't really like pumpkin things, but I really didn't mind that stuff at all.  I couldn't eat a lot of it though.  Oh!  And there was delicious, made from scratch, cookies!

But besides the food, it was amazing seeing my dad.  He is awesome :D  Of course, it was amazing seeing Allie too.  She is great!  I wish I would have thought to get some pictures of them and with them.  Dad has some on his camera, but has failed to put them on facebook where I can steal them.

I almost forgot on important detail -  My boots.  Caleb and I found some new slipper boots for me at K-Mart a week ago and Thanksgiving was their debute.  Veiw them!


I hope everyone else had a great Thanksgiving as well! :)

<3 Tory

2 comments:

BrandiH said...

You look great! And I love the make up! Those are my favorite colors, when I actually wear it!

Sean Marie said...

Look at you mama! Looking so cute! I love that first pic of you and your hubby. Such a fun loving couple. :) Glad you had a great holiday.

Post a Comment