Tuesday, November 8, 2011

It's Overwhelming to Organize!

I took my first attempt in getting all the baby clothes, gifts, and anything else that has to do with the nursery organized today.  In the two hours that I was inside of her nursery, I got some done, but I still feel like what I got done is not organized in the slightest.  I don't even know where to start when it comes to organizing everything, besides putting things that are alike in the same pile or box.


I say box because we have a little dresser thing that has those cloth boxes.  It has 9 square holes to put these boxes in.  The square hole in the middle, we left boxless to put a picture frame or some sort of decoration inside.


Does anybody have any sort of tips on how the hell I should organize all of this stuff?  Because I am clueless.  Should I separate the sets of onesie/bootie/mitten/hat matching things? Should I start putting bottles in the cabinets?  When should I wash everything, as I organize or a week before hand?  What about the stuff that is meant for travel?  What about the bath stuff?!  We really don't have room in our bathroom to put anything...  Maybe the guest bathroom?! I just don't know.  I feel like every other pregnant lady just easily puts things together and everything is so pretty.  I'm just not sure.


Any advice would be greatly helpful!  And our nursery is very small because we live in an apartment.  It's not the size of a second bedroom, just like a small room that is connected to the master bedroom.  Probably a bout half the size of your typical apartment bedroom with no closet.


<3 Tory

5 comments:

Sean Marie said...

Beh. Organizing is a pain. I have such a tiny home so I know what you mean by being limited on space. I put all her clothes in drawers and sorted them by size. I put 0-3 months in one, 6-9 in the next, 12-24 in the last and then a bunch hanging up. Call me lazy but I'm not washing her clothes beforehand. I know they recommend to but I think she'll be fine. I think only very sensitive skinned babies actually need it. Guess I'll find out.

BrandiH said...

I hate the first part of organizing when you have no idea how it will work for you. First I suggest only keeping out the newborn and 0-3 month clothes. If a 6 month outfit looks small keep it with those clothes too. In the beginning when you have mostly matching outfits, I'd just keep them together, makes it quicker to pack a diaper bag. I put all the onsies together and the sleepers together. Socks and booties can be combined, I used a little basket for hats and hair stuff (not that my little girled used hair stuff til she was 1.5). I actually used my diaper stacker for the blankets since I had my diapers on the changing table.

I do suggest washing the clothes, but I never used the "special" baby detergent or anything. I think washing all Lillian's clothes before she got her was 1 load and blankets was another load.

My theory was to have everything done by 37 weeks, just in case. I was thankful I did because she came at 38 weeks. So week 35 and 36 what when I got serious about making sure stuff was ready, but if I got the urge to work on something before then, I did.

Don't worry, it will come together and you will be one of the mom's where it just came together.

BrandiH said...

Oh yeah and as for bath stuff, our guest bath is Lillian's bath. We used to leave her little tub right in the big tub. And we had a little basket for her shower stuff, not she keeps her bath toys in it. If you want to use your bath, see if there is a way to hang the baby tub in your shower or something.

Tory K said...

Thank you! I really appreciate y'alls input. It has actually made me feel a lot more calm about the task :)!

Michelle Brock said...

always organize them by size, that way you'll know what outfits go together, hang up the bigger ones, and fold the size you'll think she'll be in because you will have to wash them a bizillion times and it's easier to fold them than to hang them up everytime. Then just switch sizes when she does, as far as bath stuff goes I keep ours in the bathroom (we have one bathroom for Evan and one for us) I washed our bottles about a week or so before and that worked for us, it's just whatever fits your needs really because I change them around a lot

Post a Comment