Thursday, November 10, 2011

Late once more, with no excuse :)

Yesterday was my 29 week mark.  I knew this, thought about writing a post and taking my weekly picture but you know what?  I really just didn't feel like it.  Maybe it was because I felt like I was getting sick or just pure laziness.  Today, I feel better and still didn't take the picture to document yesterday.  I'm just not feeling it. 

However!  I will give you whom like to keep up with my pregnancy shinangans the weekly thebump update!  Hooray!  It's probably not changed from last week much, but I don't remember exactly what was on last weeks so I will let you be the judge!


One more week and we will hit the big three zero! Crazy.  Every week I am in shock that I am already to that point, but especially when I hit the 10 week milestones.  Caleb and I are so excited!

Speaking of the husband, you know if you're newly... or within the first couple years.... married you don't expect to have to even think about funneral plans.  When Caleb came home for lunch, I guess they were putting together the things they want for if they get killed in Afganistan, and in the middle of just sitting there watching TV eating lunch he looks at me and asks: "Is there anything special you want to have at my funeral?"  I am in shock.  I honestly had no idea what he was talking about.  He ended up meaning like a song or something.  I still had no idea what to really say except that I hadn't put much thought into it.  I know in the back of my mind that it is a possibility, but I can't say that I sit there and make plans.  I don't want it to happen, I want to avoid it as much as possible.  I don't even want him to leave in the first place.  It's so hard to think about, I normally can't without getting upset so I just don't.  If it is brought up in conversation, I can talk about it for a little while but if it starts getting to real I have to change the subject or go get food or something. 

Some people when you talk about it for to long will say that I know what I got into when I married him.  And they are right, I did realize the possibility of all of this happening.  However, until you are in it, you don't experience the emotions.  That whole your heart ripping, and dieing from the inside isn't present when you originally think about it.  I was just like, I know that is a possibility, and I will handle it if it comes.  Handling it is hard.  Handling it when my emotions are in a constant rollercoster of uncontrollable maddness is even harder. 

I don't really have a point in bringing that whole conversation bit up, but.. it's just crazy to think that we haven't even been married a year, our child isn't born, and funeral plans are being made.  Just incase funeral plans, but funeral plans nonetheless. 

And it's not just my husband's funeral plans, it's also one of my best friend's funeral plans, and all of my new friends that are being deployed with Caleb.  Ugh.  I can't even think about it anymore.

I hope everybody makes sure they cherish every moment they have with their husband/wife/friends because you never know what could happen.

<3 Tory

2 comments:

Sean Marie said...

That is really depressing to think about planning your husbands funeral. I wish him the best of luck and I'm sorry that this is something you have to go through. I honestly wish all our troops would just be sent home for good to be with their families. :/

Tory K said...

Thank you for the luck :) I wish they would be sent home for good too, I'd love to keep Caleb here and for all the other military families to have their loved ones stay/come back too.

Post a Comment