Thursday, October 20, 2011

26 week update a day late :)

Due to my lack of my own and inability to upload pictures at the moment, this post will be lacking in that arena.  So, for that, I apologize.  Also, I apologize for the lack of posts!  I promise I still have not forgotten or lost interest!  I just haven't had the time to update or I was just spending time with family so I decided to put it off.

Now, at 26 weeks, I am feeling glorious.  Well, asides from the taking AGES to fall asleep because I cannot get comfortable.  This mass on the front of my body really enjoys getting in the way of my sleep, but when I feel my little girl beating up my insides it makes it worth it.  I will thoroughly enjoy being able to sleep on my stomach again when she is out though!  Also, like I have mentioned I am sure, she is enjoying making a nest in my ribs.  That is uncomfortable, but I just stretch or create a post to lean on out of Caleb and she will usually move.  :)

And!  You can now see when she kicks from the outside of my stomach!  I can't remember if i mentioned that in my last post, but it is crazy!  I love when I can catch it happening!  Caleb hasn't been able to see it yet, but I'm sure he will be able to see her in action soon.  She is only getting bigger and bigger after all.  :D

Other than those things, nothing else that is new has happened with this pregnancy.  I'm just easily gliding on through my second trimester!  My only concern being getting my baby shower put together.  I feel so unorganized.  My mom is taking on a lot of it, because despite my efforts... I am just not a good party planner.  I am more of a "Hey, come over to my house and I will give you food and you spend time with me and let me take a lot of pictures of your beautiful face but you will need to entertain yourself."  When it comes to having a schedule of how things should run or putting together things to entertain people... I suck.  I suck really bad.  I expect my friends and family to be able to feel at home when they are at my house so that I don't have to wait on their every need.  Bad hostessing skills?  Maybe.  Not that I wasn't taught right, I just like to force everyone to feel at home.

Caleb and I are still in Arkansas with my father-in-law.  He is doing so much better that when we first got here, which is amazing!  Monday he has an appointment to check on how his burns are doing and so, please keep him in your thoughts and prayers on Monday!  He will need it.  For now though, we made chili this morning while Caleb and Onchi (My step mother-in-law; pronounced "On-gie") took Chris (brother-in-law) to the airport for his early departure.  His girlfriend got in a car accident, but she is okay though, thank goodness!  Asides from being sore and tired.  

At home, things are going well too, but they could be terrible for us too.  Come to find out, when my mom when to go check on my little furry babies... OUR PORCH DOOR WAS OPEN.  Wtf.  I'm so happy we live on the second floor otherwise the kittens could have escaped, we could have gotten robbed, a dog could have came in and killed the kittens if they didn't escape, or a number of other scenarios could have happened.  Needless to say, wifey was not happy.  I am still pissed.  I don't think I am going to be able to let anybody stay in the house if we are not there for a long time.  I even had my mom lock our porch door so when the boys try to break in when they get home from the field, they won't be able to get in.  And yes, you read that right, our friends have found a way to break into our apartment.  They climb like spider monkies.

I hope yall are having a wonderful week :)


<3 Tory

2 comments:

Sean Marie said...

It's so cool when you can see the movements on the outside! Every time she's kicking and someone looks or puts their hand on my belly she stops though! Sleeping is only going to get more and more uncomfortable, unfortunately. Good luck with the baby shower. Mine is this weekend and I am so happy that my mother in law and sister in law are taking care of all the planning or else I probably wouldn't even have one! I am such a procrastinator and just too tired to do anything!

Tory K said...

Haha mine is stubborn like that too! And thank you for the luck, I almost wish I would have stepped back and waited for somebody else to plan mine. I just was so dead set on having it before the holidays to prevent it being in the way of anybody's holiday plans. I hope you have a lot of fun at your baby shower and get a lot of useful things! :)

Post a Comment